Have Fun and Build Confidence This Summer… Register for Our 2016 Summer Camp Horsemanship Academy!
Meadow Creek Farm caters to all levels of aspiring riders with its Summer Camp Horsemanship Academy. From beginners to seasoned riders Meadow Creek Farm has something for everyone, most importantly FUN. Owner and head trainer Helaina Ricciardi along with Brooke Nestor ensure a positive experience for each equestrian camper. Meadow Creek provides a variety of trained horses and ponies to suit any level. Horse owners may also choose to bring their own mount.
Students spend their days in an all-encompassing equitation experience. Before jumping into the saddle for individually tailored daily riding lessons, students learn and perform the basics of routine horse care and stall management. Afternoon hands-on horsemanship lectures and demonstrations range from basic grooming and tacking, to the identification and management of common horse ailments. As available there will be guest visits from horse care specialists such as farriers and vets. On Fun Fridays students celebrate their accomplishments with horse-related games and an end of session mini horse show to demonstrate what they’ve learned.
Academy is in session rain or shine. Indoor and outdoor activities will be planned. Academy begins at 9:00 AM and ends at 4:00 PM. Early drop off and late pick up options are also available (prior arrangements are required).
For more information on Meadow Creek Farm’s summer camp horsemanship academy, for a tour of our facilities, or information about any of our other programs (lessons, boarding and leasing) please email or contact us at 845-363-6000.
• A non-refundable deposit of $100 required at time of registration to hold your spot. The deposit is applied to the cost of tuition. Total due in full by May 1, 2016. Checks payable to Meadow Creek Farm or credit card through PayPal; returned check fee is $35.00.
• There is a limit of 25 students per session. Discounts available for multiple weeks or children, see below for more information.
• We are in session every day from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM unless notified, offering both indoor and outdoor activities.
• Early morning drop-off and late pick-up options are available, prior arrangements are required.
• Questions? Contact us at 845-363-6000.
Rules and Regulations
1. All students must wear protective headgear, properly fitted, ASTM/SEI approved helmet. It must be worn when: anyone regardless of age is mounted on a horse. Meadow Creek has helmets available to borrow if you do not have your own. Appropriate safe footwear is required (riding boots or hiking boots are preferred; sneakers are not permitted when riding.)
2. If a student would like to bring their own horse or pony to horsemanship academy with them, proof of negative coggins & proof of rabies vaccination must accompany the horse and be shown upon arrival. Overnight stabling is available upon request.
3. Students are required to bring their own lunches and plenty of beverages daily. Small coolers are recommended.
4. All instruction is at the discretion of the instructor. Each student will be allowed to learn at a level deemed safe for them.
5. There is a limit of 25 students per session. Please reserve your spot early. Meadow Creek reserves the right to cancel sessions for any reason, including insufficient enrollment.
6. All registration forms are to be completely filled out, signed and returned to Meadow Creek Farm with payment in full by May 1st. A non-refundable deposit of $100 required at time of registration to hold your spot. The deposit is applied to the cost of tuition. Total due in full by May 1, 2016. Checks payable to Meadow Creek Farm or credit card through PayPal; returned check fee is $35.00. Registration Fees are Non-Refundable.
7. Meadow Creek Farm, affiliates, and associates shall not be liable whatsoever for any injury or damage to any person or property of any spectator, visitor, student or any other persons or animals by reason of any event occurring during the horsemanship academy; and it shall be a condition of entry that each exhibitor hold the same as well as its officers, agents and/or employees harmless for any accident or loss which may occur by fire or otherwise. All students will be required to fill out standard release forms prior to horsemanship academy.